Trauma-Informed Care Approach to Afterschool Programs
February 8, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$35.00
This course is designed to provide 15 hours of advance level training experience to help program staff understand and provide care to our most vulnerable children.
- Understand the wide spectrum of adverse childhood experiences and the impact these have on the development and behavior of children in afterschool care
- Understand brain development in early childhood and adolescence and the impact of trauma
- Explore strategies and resources available to afterschool providers that can be immediately and effectively implemented within the context of after school program
- Understand that the effects of traumac experiences are individualized for each child across trauma types, subjective experience ranges, and developmental domains and stages
- Create an afterschool environment and begin to examine individual capacity that builds supportive relationships with children and youth in order for them to acquire self‐regulation and sensory processing skills to manage their life situations.
To attend and receive credit, participants must bring their completed assignments to the in‐person training.